Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Costumes/Props

 

    Clothing- Usually travel magazines have models wearing a variety of clothing. For the beach they would obviously be in a bathing suit or some kind of beach coverup. The outfit of the model and pose given to them will help to set the tone of the magazine. I have a few color options will help attribute to atmosphere of the magazine as well. The green bathing suit will add some variety of color and make the magazine more lighthearted. If I wanted a more neutral bathing suit and keep the focus on the photo rather than the model, I could use a brown or black bathing suit. I think I will use a mixture of both bright colors and neutral shades throughout the magazine. I will probably use a brown suit for the model on the cover to keep the focus on the image, but through the double spread, I will use colorful ones such as pink or green to help liven it up a bit. 
   Accessories- I plan on including other little accessories such as jewelry with sea glass, anklets and Puravida bracelets on my models. This will help show the attention to detail I have throughout the magazine and help really give off the vibe of a professional company that would normally control the entire wardrobe, makeup and jewelry that every model would wear. I think I will keep it more simple with silver simple jewelry such as the first 3 pictures as opposed to the string pieces in the last two images. It will give off more of a sophisticated feel rather than a child's bracelet. 




    Props- I plan to include a few props if needed to help add some different elements to shake up the pictures. A umbrella for example will break up a picture of just sand and water. The one pictured below is very neutral and will help to keep the focus on the model and location but still add another component. The same neutral colored concept applies for the chair as well. It gives an added prop to help the model pose with, without taking attention entirely away from them. 
The Premium Beach Umbrella - Antique White - Business & Pleasure CoThe Tommy Chair - Antique White - Business & Pleasure Co


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project

 Below is my final Magazine-